Winter and dry climates make it really hard to keep your skin naturally hydrated and soft. First think most people do is go buy an expensive lotion to try and help their skin. Lotions are good but often clog your pores and put a dent in your your wallet.
So why not hydrate and soften your skin with a natural products?! Here are a few simple tips to do just that with products in your kitchen your that you can purchase at your local grocery store on a budget!
Items Needed: A Wash Cloth, Warm Water, Natural Soap & any Natural Oil (ex. vegetable oil, extra-virgin olive oil, sunflower oil or coconut oil)
- Use your wash cloth to make a warm compress to soften your skin tissue and open your pores.
- Apply a good coating of the natural oil to your skin.
- Re-heat your wash cloths and lay them on top of your oiled skin for approximately 10mins.
- Wash with a natural soap and rinse.
This natural approach can be done once or twice a week and will feed your skin cells. You will definitely see and feel and the difference.
Items Needed: Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Do NOT dry off completely!
- Pour small amounts of extra virgin olive oil onto the palms of your hands & start spreading the oil evenly on your skin.
Why extra virgin olive oil? It has natural humectant that helps attract moisture to your dry skin cells. It is full of antioxidants, squalene, clorophyll,vitamin e, vitamin k, phenols, oleocanthal and more.