At some point in all of our lives we want to grow our hair. Whether you’re trying to grow out bangs or trying to grow out layers from that style you had to have last season it can be rough.
My hair dresser always told me that hair reacts to what you put in your body. So naturally if you put good foods in your body, your hair will react positively.
So I know what you’re thinking what foods will help my hair to grow my naturally? Here’s a break down of foods to get your follicles stimulated and your tresses growing.
- Dark leafy greens such as kale, collard, spinach etc are full of iron that encourages growth. Try baking your own kale chips to snack on or having a kale and spinach salad for lunch instead of a burger.
- Strengthen your hair with biotin heavy foods such as eggs. Boil one or a snack or scramble one for breakfast a few times a week to ward off brittle hair.
- Protein is also essential to strengthening your hair and avoiding breakage. But the key is eating lean protein. Try grilling skinless chicken or turkey instead of a steak for dinner.
- Adding omega-3 fatty acids to your diet with give your tresses shine for days. Eat plenty of grilled salmon and snack on organic nuts to help your hair shine!
- Beans are a wonderful source of protein, iron, zinc, and biotin. All essential nutrients to growing your hair naturally.
In addition to helping your hair grow, these foods will help your waistline stay slim if you eat them consistently. Pair these healthy foods with a daily dose of a natural hair, skin, nail vitamin and you’ve cracked the ultimate code on how to grow your hair naturally.
Happy eating and happy growing!